Summertime is finally approaching. The season where everyone is outside enjoying themselves. This means a lot of food festivals and barbecues will be going on. But what foods can you eat on a regular basis to keep you cool? These are five foods that will do just that:
1. Cucumber: If you want to cool down in the summertime then grab a cucumber and cut some slices up. The term “ you’re cool as a cucumber” is used a lot because , it’s one of the most cooling foods. The water content in cucumber is higher than most foods on the planet so you’re hydrating and cooling your body at the same time.
2. Watermelon: Watermelon is also one of the most hydrating water dense foods on the planet. Because of this it’s inherently cooling to your body. This addictive summertime fruit also contains lycopene which is an antioxidant that prevents sunburn and UV ray damage. It’s made for summer consumption.
3. Leafy Greens: In general leafy greens are a good go to food to grab on a hot summer day. All leafy greens contain water and minerals, which help to balance your body by replenishing the all the nutrients that were sweated out of your body. Leafy greens are also one of the easiest foods to digest which means your body doesn’t have to burn as much energy (creating heat) to digest them.
4. Apples: Apples offer that cool, refreshing, crisp crunch that make summers a bit easier and more bearable. They’re always a cooling bite away.
5. Pineapple: Pineapple is another water rich fruit that is cooling and refreshing to the body. This is a great fruit to add to a smoothie. If you take a bit of pineapple, banana, kale and cucumber and you’ve got yourself a superfood nutrient cooling smoothie.
Make sure you try one of these foods to keep you cool during the summer!