We all love to feel our bodies with fast food and junk food. But does it love our bodies? Even though it may taste really good, it’s not doing our bodies really good. According to Kidshealth.org, maintaining a healthy diet keeps the body energized and in good shape. Here are 5 ways to make that happen:
- Don’t skip breakfast. Breakfast gets your metabolism active, burning calories and giving you more energy during the day. People who skip breakfast often feel hungrier later which makes them eat even more. To avoid this, in the mornings eat a piece of fruit or yogurt to keep you full for a few hours.
- Eat five servings of fruits and veggies each day. Fruits and veggies are packed with vitamins and minerals that our bodies need to keep functioning correctly. They also can reduce the risk of getting diseases like high blood pressure or heart disease. Fruits and veggies can help you feel healthy and the body energized. This prevents the urge to drink energy drinks or consume big amounts of sugar.
- Drink lots of water. Water is key for proper circulation of nutrients in your system. It keeps the body hydrated and refreshed. Without water the body gets dehydrated and the nutrients can’t move around so well.
- Portions have a purpose. Big piles of food pile on extra calories that can lead to weight gain. Sugary drinks such as soda, juice, and sports drinks are empty calories that increase obesity. Choose smaller meal portions and stay away from sugary drinks.
- Exercise. Consistent physical activity burns calories and reduces weight gain. Both makes you look and feel good. Going for walks, participating in sports at school, and other activities like these can really make a difference. The more calories you want to burn, the more physical activity you do.
There’s tons of ways you can keep a healthy diet. These were just a few to get your mind moving. Being healthy is important and essential for our bodies to stay active.